...the harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few
Dear friends and family, I trust this update finds you all well. I know many of you may have been on lock down at home so you will understand that it is kind of similar here. I have been fortunate however because the school compound is a fairly big area and it has allowed me to continue on with certain projects that I can get supplies for or had already organised.

Play Park Border
For example, the replacement of the school play park border was something I had been planning to do for a while, but never had the time. And so just before things changed here and lockdown came into place, I was able to get the quantity of tyres that we needed. Since then we have managed to finish the border in between other jobs, making the border more or less maintenance free.

The children enjoyed playing with the tyres before I had the time to secure them in place, often jumping over them and rolling them around the school playground. And just before lockdown when I started securing some of them in place, the children took great delight in walking along them or trying to jump over them.

Water Harvesting Preparation
One of the slightly bigger projects I currently have going on during lockdown has been to create concrete pads for multiple 10,000 litre water tanks. When full, these tanks will weigh in excess of 10 tonnes each and so a good firm base is needed.

Our goal is to harvest more of the rain water from the school roofs. When it is raining here, the rain falls hard and fast. Our mission house roof alone provides 40 litres in just over 30 seconds. And so, before Hannah and I come home on furlough, I hope to have the six new water tanks in place, taking our water harvesting system storage capacity from 20,000 litres to 80,000 litres.

This water will be used for virtually everything on site were water is needed. For children to wash with, to clean clothes, wash dishes, mop classroom floors etc.

Progress is being made on the other side of the school compound, where there will be at least three new water tanks. This pad is a slightly bigger undertaking because we wanted to raise it up to maximise water pressure for the toilet block beside it. Many of the old tanks (like the one at the end of the new retaining wall) were built at ground level and so people had to go down steps to get to the water tap, which was at the lowest point of the tank. That low, recessed, tap area was a breeding ground for bugs and mosquitoes, so all of our new tanks will now be raised off the ground and therefore provide ease of access and make life easier and safer for everyone.

Other maintenance
Another example of maintenance was the wood liner on the old jeep, which was badly worn. I stripped off the wood, cleaned the tray of the jeep from years of dirt and restored the wood as best as possible. Hopefully now it will last for another few years, given the harsh sun and heavy rainfall that it is exposed to.

My work at Emmanuel, as you can see, is usually greatly varied and I often need to be flexible. The water tanks had been ordered a few weeks ago and arrived last Saturday over a week late. Thankfully these water tanks were much easier to off-load than some of the electrical equipment back at the start of the year. In the next few weeks we hope to have the next four tanks delivered also. Click Here to see photos of the work in progress.

Click Here for Prayer requests

May God bless you as you continue to look to Him and trust Him for all things.

Proverbs 3v5-6
Web Design & Development: Bann Computing